Film and Furniture competition: Win this 10-disc Kubrick box set on Blu-Ray!
This competition is now closed (as of midnight 13 August 2016).
You all clearly love your Kubrick movies as much as we do, as we were literally inundated with entries.
Our congratulations go to:
1. The winner of the website competition: J Bond (chosen completely at random but what a fitting name!).
The answer to the question ‘Which piece of film set decor in Kubrick’s the Shining was the original inspiration behind the Film and Furniture website?’ is of course, the hexagonal carpet from the corridors of the Overlook Hotel.
2. The winner of the Twitter competition is @iSquee.
3. The winner of the Facebook competition is T. Oliver.
Thanks for all your interest and stay tuned for similar competitions coming soon to Film and Furniture.
It’s no secret that we’re Kubrick nuts here at F&F and to coincide with the Daydreaming with Stanley Kubrick exhibition (which continues to drop jaws at London’s Somerset House), right now seems a perfect time for us to help make your dream’s come true! Our lovely friends at Warner Bros. have given us not one, not two but three of these fabulous Kubrick box sets on Blu-Ray to give away to lucky winners.
The Stanley Kubrick 10 disc Blu-Ray Masterpiece Collection
Includes eight Kubrick classics
• Lolita (1962)
• Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)
• 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
• A Clockwork Orange (1971)
• Barry Lyndon (1975)
• The Shining (1980)
• Full Metal Jacket (1987)
• Eyes Wide Shut (1999)
• 78 page Hardcover book
• All-new Kubrick documentary – Kubrick Remembered
• Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures
• O Lucky Malcolm!
• Once Upon A Time…A Clockwork Orange
• Stanley Kubrick In Focus
• Rare Interviews
• Behind-the-Scenes Featurettes
Here’s all you have to do:
1. Answer this question: Which piece of film set decor in Kubrick’s the Shining was the original inspiration behind the Film and Furniture website? (Clue: you can find the answer is in this article >)
Email your answer to [email protected] by Saturday 13th August.
2. Follow us AND retweet our tweet about this competition on Twitter
3. Like our Facebook page AND share the relevant post about this competition.
OR DO ALL THREE if you feel inclined to increase your chances of winning…
One box set can be won by entering the competition here on the website, one by the competition on Twitter and one by the competition on Facebook.
Winners will be chosen at random.
Competition closes Saturday August 13th 2016, winners announced Sunday 14th August.
What are you waiting for?
Other F&F Kubrick related features you may also be interested in:
• Kubrick’s A Clockwork Orange : Brutalism in exteriors, interiors and a quilt >
• 2001 A Space Odyssey – a close look at those fabulously futuristic Djinn chairs and how Kubrick’s vision of the future was brought to life through ‘product placement’ >
• Red Alert! 2001: A Space Odyssey Djinn chair for sale
• The Power of Pattern: The carpet in The Shining >