The Reference turntable as seen in Hijack
Directors: Jamie Payne, Jim Field Smith
The Reference turntable is based on the Transcriptors Hydraulic Reference Turntable (the stunning futuristic turntable on which Alex plays his beloved Beethoven in A Clockwork Orange) which was an award winning turntable designed way back in 1964 by designer/engineer David Gammon (which itself was based on his Reference turntable designed the previous year).
Transcriptors was founded in 1960 by David Gammon with his brother Anthony and was one of the world’s leading manufacturer of manual turntables, tone arms and accessories, and one of the most modern hi-fi manufacturing plants in Europe during the 60’s, 70’s and the early 80’s.
The new Reference turntable makes it’s first star appearance in the upcoming TV series Hijack starring Edris Elba.
Transcriptors’ turntables have been widely used in numerous television commercials and in many films: The Skeleton turntable was used in the X-Men: First Class (2011) and Creepshow (1982) and the Hydraulic Reference Turntable can be spotted in The Look Of Love (2013) as well as A Clockwork Orange (1972). Various turntable parts were also used in another Stanley Kubrick production, 2001 A Space Odyssey.
The Reference turntable is hand-built to order today and we are proud to offer them for sale through Film and Furniture. Please contact us at [email protected] for further information.
The turntable employ an a.c synchronous motor on a single-deck sprung mounting, driving the platter via a neoprene rubber drive belt.
Speed changing (45 r.p.m and 33.3 r.p.m).
All components are machined on the latest CNC machinery.
• Platter 305mm diameter x 10mm black flat aluminum platter fitted with six aluminum inertia weights. Optional 24k gold plated inertia platter weights
• Acrylic Lid: Clear Acrylic
• Plinth 440mm x 420mm x 40mm CNC white acrylic mounted on four sorbothane hemispheres. Optional clear plinth.
• Main Bearing Slim-sectioned silver steel shaft spindle running in PTFE bearing liners with silver steel thrust plate
• Motor A.C synchronous motor mounted on single sprung motor plate assembly.
• Speeds 33.3 & 45 r.p.m
• Power: 110vac 60Hz or 240vac 50Hz
• Tonearm: Origin Live Onyx
Guarantee: 5 Years
Delivery: Free Worldwide shipping
Note: Due to the nature of this item, a little technical knowledge and experience of hifi’s is required for set up.
Returns: These turntables are custom built to order therefore returns are not accepted.
Full payment required in advance of production.
• Price: £2,800
Any questions? or to order: Email [email protected]
Approx £2,800.00 / $3668Returns & Refunds